Friday, November 12, 2010

Sex and Rock'n'Roll (drugs optional)

     I started out with the intention of doing a fan participation video for the song "Should I Tell You That You're Pretty" but it became apparent quite early in the process that it was going to be an uphill battle gathering enough footage for a 3 minute music video. Speaking to a friend about the project, he mentioned he knew someone in the adult entertainment world who might be willing to participate. A few emails later and the process had begun, with Julie Simone as the star of the show. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndW89Rj9jGw
 
     If the intent was to be literal to the lyrics, this would have been a very male-chauvinistic video. It was quickly apparent that things were going to turn sideways as far as plot was concerned. In the back and forth of determining shots, the plot slowly morphed, the gender roles reversed and the video got quite a bit more interesting. 

     It interests and amazes me to see which clip or clips push the boundaries of different peoples' comfort zones. Some things that illicit a dramatic reaction from one get barely a second glance by another.

     Each video is an adventure unto itself: from concept, to filming, to editing, to final execution. Maybe the next one will have puppets or puppies in it, but for now, here's the naughty, sexy video for "Should I Tell You That You're Pretty" by Cancer Killing Gemini.

1 comment:

  1. So far I think you've done a great job with the videos for your music. However you are quite right about this one pushing buttons. I think this video is great, but there are a few people on my mailing list I won't share this video with, I have several prudish friends who would find it offensive, but I will pass it along to those I know will not be offended. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete